This month I'll be putting out weekly posts connected with the weekly themes put together by DHS. This week the theme is creating a culture of security.
The message is simple... in the workplace security is a team sport. All organizations have customers, patients, systems and data to protect. To accomplish this, security must be part of everyone's job.
It doesn't have to be difficult! There are some simple things we can all do as part of our day-to-day work to protect customers, patients, systems and data.
Here's a simple set of tips from DHS for data protection in the workplace:
- Follow the company security policies.
- Choose good, long, complex, unique passwords.
- Change your password according to policy.
- Don't share passwords!
- Use care with emails, links and attachments.
- Never install or connect any personal software or hardware to your organization’s network
or hardware without permission from your IT department.
- Make sure your work is backed up.
- Report all suspicious or unusual problems with your computer to your IT department.
Here's a pdf version for your wallpapering and viewing pleasure!